Saturday, 2 November 2013

ZDF Starparade Ballet - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)

Apologies for my long absence: October was a hectic month. I'll try and do better...

Here's another performance from the un-named dance troup on ZDF's Starparade, generously sent by Vintage Videos (thanks!). Nothing could be further from literal choreography than this: settings, costumes and xhoreography effectively ignore the lyrical content of the music (The Hollies' Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress), which sounds very Creedencey to my ears). I'd guess the track was chosen for its tempo, rhythm and mood, to match the choreographer's intentions.

I must admit to being utterly baffled by the outfits: big woolly stockings with pockets (or are they stylised garters)?: ginger wigs with green visors? I'm stumped. And the telly-frame device is equally baffling. I don't know if it's part of the original !972 show, or maybe this clip is from a compilation.

Watch on mobypicture | mediafire | putlocker | Download from mediafire (24.9 MB)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

YMG, just where have you been? OFTDs need to see more of you. Thanks to Vin also for this very enjoyable clip. Ive always had a soft spot for red-heads so this clip suited me !

VintageVideos said...

The telly-frame is, strange as it seems, the 'trademark' of zdf.kultur which spoils every vintage music show with this accessory.
Heaps of protest letters couldn't change anything.